Patty Rubino, Assessor’s Clerk
2 Douglas Street
Wynantskill, NY 12198
Duties of Town Assessor
- Determine and maintain assessments, property inventory records, ownership and exemptions on parcels in the town.
- Locate all taxable Real Property in our town and identify the ownership of each. Establish a taxable value for all Real Property subject to taxation. List the values of all property on the Assessment Roll.
- Assist taxpayers with completing their exemption applications and determine their eligibility. Examples: Senior Citizen, Alternative Veteran, Disability, Business, Clergy, Agricultural, Non-Profit, etc. The last day for filing all exemption applications for any given year is March 1st.
Assessment Appeal Process
If you believe your assessment is incorrect, please feel free to contact the Town of North Greenbush Assessor’s Office. We will be happy to listen to your concerns regarding your assessment.
The forms available here may help you prepare for an appeal:
Requirements for Senior Exemptions
There are two exemptions available for Senior’s that are turning 65. In the year you are turning 65 these two exemptions are the Senior Citizens Exemption and theSchool Tax Assessment Relief Program for seniors called the Enhanced STAR. These two exemptions are for Home Owners whose house is their principal place of residency. The filing date for these two exemptions is MARCH 1.
The SENIOR CITIZEN EXEMPTION is available to Home Owners who are 65 years of age or older and meet certain income limitations and requirements. The total household gross income must be no greater than $37,400. This may be subject to change so that should be verified by contacting the Assessor’s office. If you qualify for this exemption you must provide us with a current year tax return or the supporting documentation for the tax return. This is not an automatic exemption and one needs to apply for this each year.
In the past, a completed renewal application for the senior citizen exemption automatically qualified for an Enhanced Senior STAR, however this exemption will be done by the NEW York State Tax Department. If you filed a tax return for 2018 they will get the needed information from this return, if you did not file a tax return the Tax Department will be sending you the necessary forms to obtain the Senior Enhanced STAR credit or exemption. All questions should be referred to the New York State Tax Department either by calling them at 518-457-2036 or going online at www.tax.ny/gov/star.
The ENHANCED SCHOOL TAX ASSESSMENT RELIEF (STAR),
- The enhanced STAR exemption is available to home owners who are 65 years or older and meet income limitations and requirements. Only one home owner needs to be 65 or older. This is known also as the Senior STAR exemption. The income is defined as Federal Adjusted Gross Income and varies from year to year. To qualify for this exemption you need to provide the New York State Tax Dept. with a tax return of the year preceding the tax roll or the supporting documentation for this tax return. This is not an automatic exemption and one needs to apply for this each year; HOWEVER you can apply for the voluntary income verification and the New York State Tax Department will determine the eligibility each year.
- The second STAR exemption is the Basic STAR exemption and this is available to Senior home owners who do not qualify for the Senior or Enhanced exemption because of their income and home owners who are under 65 years of age. All applications & questions should be referred to the New York State Tax Department either by calling them at 518-457-2036 or going online at www.tax.ny/gov/star.
2021 North Greenbush Tentative Assessment Roll:
2020 North Greenbush Assessment Roll:
2019 North Greenbush Assessment Roll:
2018 North Greenbush Assessment Roll:
2017 North Greenbush Final Assessment Roll:
2016 North Greenbush Final Assessment Roll:
2015 North Greenbush Final Assessment Roll:
Town Assessor FormsClick here for a list of downloadable forms available from the Town Assessor’s Office
Contesting Your Assessment in NYS Grievance BookletClick here for a PDF of the NYS Department of Taxation and Finance Grievance Booklet (201.95 KB)